Protection of the environment, in which we live and operate, is part of Arnold Laver’s values and principles and we consider it to be sound business practice. Care of the environment is one of the key responsibilities and an important part of the way in which we do business.
In this policy statement we commit our company to:
- Complying with all relevant environmental legislation, regulations and approved codes of and any other requirements, including the customer
- Protecting the environment by striving to prevent and minimise our contribution to pollution of land, air and water
- Seeking to keep wastage to a minimum and maximise the efficient use of material and resources
- Managing and disposing of all waste in a responsible manner
- Determine, document, implement and review environmental objectives & targets
- Providing training and regularly communicating environmental issues with staff to ensure that all work is carried out in accordance with this policy and within an environmentally aware culture
- Developing our management processes to ensure that environmental factors are considered during planning and implementation
- Monitoring, reviewing and continuously improving our environmental performance
- Arnold Laver & Co. Ltd is a committed member of the Forests Forever campaign, which is an independent voluntary body that represents interests of all timber using industries within the United Kingdom on environmental issues
- All main Timber World branches within Arnold Laver & Co. Ltd hold Chain of Custody for CSA, SFI and MTCC, PEFC™ and FSC® Certified timber from sustainable sources.
- Arnold Laver & Co. Ltd are signatories to the UK Timber Trade Federation’ Environmental Code of Practice and the Responsible Purchasing Policy