We work closely with Lonza Timber Protection
to supply products that are designed to be as practical as they are beautiful. Materials are treated to ensure effective fire protection performance that will last the lifetime of the timber product.
All treatments meet the requirements of European Standard EN 13501-1, to either a Euroclass B or Euroclass C rating.
DRICON is a class-leading solution that provides assurance to both contractor and client for a range of timber and timber based panel products.
DRICON is backed by extensive independent certification including over 25 years of BBA accreditation and more than 30 years of fire performance experience.
Solid timbers and panel products are impregnated on all faces with no need to re-apply fire retardant protection throughout the life of the component. Independent test data demonstrated no change in fire performance of DRICON treated timber after 21 years in use.
DRICON is applied in a stringently controlled, industrial vacuum pressure process at a specialist treatment centre - the only one of its type in the UK, operating with ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 accreditations.
Typical end uses for DRICON treated material include;
• internal building timbers
• lining material
• internal timber cladding
• internal staircases
• scaffold boards
• rail and transport industry projects
Some of the features of DRICON include;
1. The only BBA (British Board of Agreement) certified fire retardant treatment for timber (Certificate No. 87/1841) - certified since 1987.
2. UK Wood Protection Association (WPA) approved status type HR (humidity resistant) fire retardant product.
3. Quality accredited through the UK WPA Benchmark FR Certification scheme.
4. Applied in compliance with the WPA quality scheme. With DRICON and NON-COM Exterior, Arch Timber Protection is the only timber treatment company operating to this scheme and with ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 accreditation.
5. Fully approved by London Underground and complies with LUL Standard 1-085 'Fire Safety Performance of Materials'.
6. Recommended by the National Access & Scaffolding Confederation for the treatment of scaffold boards.
For a full list of timber and plywood species and thicknesses available for DRICON, please click here>