Laver Timber Systems (LTS), our engineered products division, has
an established partnership with the
leading floor joist manufacturer in the UK, Steico.
Finnjoist (FJI) is the only fully engineered timber I-Joist to be manufactured in the UK, with a high quality OSB3 web, and flanges made from Kerto ® (LVL).
Delivering less dimensional change over time, virtually eradicating floor movement and its associated problems, resulting in greater floor performance.
Kerto-S (LVL-Laminated Veneer Lumber)
A strong, lightweight, rigid and dimensionally stable timber product made from 3mm rotary-peeled spruce veneers. Kerto-S is ideal for beams and long spans, combining the strength of an engineered wood product with the ease of use of softwood.
Kerto-Q (LVL-Laminated Veneer Lumber)
Engineered in the same way as Kerto-S but with some cross-laid veneers, Kerto-Q (LVL) is renowned for its dimensional stability and load bearing performance.
All materials are manufactured to current legislation (British Standards).
- Finnjoists have full third party accreditation through the BM Trada Q-Mark
- It's the only flooring system that complies with Eurocode 5
- PEFC certified
- Lifetime warranty (when installed and used correctly)
The Finnframe Floor System is an inspired mix of quality, technology, and service - a total flooring system devised specifically for the UK construction industry. Our design team works closely with each client, to ensure we deliver the best and most cost effective package for each application.
Glulam is an ideal material for the load-bearing structures of wooden buildings where long spans are desired. Manufactured from sawn structural timber, four lamellas are cut along the grain, which are then finger-jointed and glued together. Glulam is a response to the builder's needs. Shape, dimensions and finishing can be freely chosen. The glue is weather-resistant, and the customer can choose between dark or light glue, depending on the level of visual attractiveness.
- Large range of standard dimensions
- Manufactured to specific dimensions
- Cross sections and lengths can be optimised
- Beams can be straight, cumbered or curved
- Easy to combine with other materials
- Easy to machine and assemble
- All machining can be done at the factory
- Quick erection even in all weather conditions
- On-site machining can be done with normal hand tools
Kerto is a laminated veneer lumber (LVL) product used in all construction jobs, from new buildings to renovation and repair.
It is used in a variety of applications including beams, joists, trusses, frames, components of roof, floor and wall elements, components of door and vehicle industry, concrete formwork and scaffold planking.
Kerto is a strong and dimensionally stable product which does not warp or twist. It derives its high strength from the homogeneous bonded structure which also keeps the effects of any defective single veneers down to a minimum.
Kerto is produced from 3 mm thick, rotary-peeled softwood veneers that are glued together to form a continuous billet. The billet is cut to length and sawn into beam, plank or panel sizes according to the customer's order.
- Strong: high characteristic strength values, ideal for load-bearing structures
- Dimensioning: easy to optimise due to the large variety of available sizes
- Straight: precise in dimensions, does not warp or twist
- Aesthetic: beautiful, sound-insulating, fire-safe
- Easy to build: light weight and excellent workability
- Environmentally sustainable - wood procured according to the Pan-European Forest Certification (PEFC)
We can also design and fabricate i-beams to your specification.
Contact Laver Timber Systems, our engineered joist product specialists.